Friday, October 9, 2009

$75,000 for what?!

I had a meeting the other day with one of my clients. We are building a french drain system for his company, and he mentioned he has put $50,000 into his Harley Davidson motorcycle. I don't know anything about motorcycles except if I had to take a guess at an average price for a relatively powerful and aesthetically pleasing to the eye bike, I'd say about $25,000.

Wow. That's $75,000 for a motorcycle. This is America and we all have the right to spend our money on what we want. But then the thought came into my mind about the foreclosures, unemployment, and the economy in general. Maybe the foreclosures wouldn't happen if we (myself included) prioritized better. I'd think we'd make a firm foundation (our house) established first before we buy toys. Maybe unemployment wouldn't be so scary if we saved our money for a rainy day rather than buy unneeded things.

No comments:

Post a Comment